- 8 large Portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 160g baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- small jar of red pasta sauce
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- Bag of mixed leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 220° C.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray with olive oil.
3. Distribute the mushrooms, stem side up, and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 20 to 25 mins, or until tender. If any moisture collects in the mushroom caps, drain and discard. Meanwhile, heat 1tbsp oil in a large pan and add the shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 mins, stirring frequently.
5. Add the baby spinach, sauté until just wilted, season with salt and pepper.
6. Fill each mushroom with a large spoon of the red pasta sauce, top with the wilted spinach mixture and a slice the goat’s cheese.
7. Bake for 10-15 mins and serve with mixed leaf salad.