legacy obituaries hickory nc

judge william green new jersey

Family members linked to this person will appear here. Welcome to our Revised Website; Spam Blocked. Of the group that arrived on the Shield and the other early ships, some were from London and other locations in southern England, and a separate group came from Yorkshire in northern England. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. I, too, am a descendant of Samuel Green via his son John from his third wife Hannah. Dale baker I live near Greenville. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results Judge William Green (1710 - 1763) Try FREE for 14 days Try FREE for 14 days How do we create a persons profile? daughter Harriet Martha (John Hill) John Green made no reference to Richard, Samuel, William or George Green in his will, and none of his children had those names. Browse Locations. cemeteries found in Ewing, Mercer County, New Jersey, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. I could never pinpoint the field. The author of this publication would love to hear from you! Office of Special Compensation Funds. With one simple test, you can discover your genetic origins and find family you never knew you had. An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial. 1780 1780. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. Grandfather Rev. The William Green House is a historic brick farmhouse in Ewing Township of Mercer County, New Jersey. Judge William Green from tree Nix Family Tree. Share this memorial using social media sites or email. Trenton, Hunterdon, New Jersey. Alexander De Greene De Boketon, born around 1181 in Harrington, County Northamptonshire, England, is the first Lord De Greene. He is the fountainhead of the Greene line and received his power and titles as a reward from King John in 1202. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. How are you connected to Samuel? Joanna "Hannah" Burroughs Reeder1667-1762. April 14, 2017 @ Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? "I purchased 350 acres of land from the Severns and Brearly families and we moved into the Severns wooden farmhouse. We came to Ewing about 1700 or a short time before. Marfy Goodspeed You have chosen this person to be their own family member. With Quick Search you can search by name, first name followed by a last name. Is there any original buildings left that Samuel would have owned and is there a headstone for Samuel Green. Failed to delete memorial. Click on a person's name to go to that person's page. There is a problem with your email/password. Daniel Cox of England bought thirty thousand acres (some forty-seven square miles) which was originally in the Township of Hopewell, and then sold farms or large parcels to the early settlers, including my fifth great grandfather, William Green. 6:03 pm. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register [Vols. It seems unlikely that he was related. Would love to communicate with closer cousins. All photos uploaded successfully, click on the Done button to see the photos in the gallery. There is no way to know. However, we do have John Hawkings present in Amwell in the 1740s. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. "- From Rev. In 1715 John Reader the younger was commissioned to survey Paulsins Kill known as Tohokenetchuck if Samuel Green was a deputy surveyor it would be in his Journal.. New Jersey at that time was under the governance of New York William Penn acquired the land in 1715 from John Reading which came into ownership of his sons in 1760. According to Snells History of Somerset and Hunterdon, Samuel Green had a brother George who also made considerable investments in West New Jersey real estate, but appears not to have had children. It remained in Hunterdon County for 125 years until it was made a part of the newly formed Mercer County. WILLIAM2 GREENE (WILLIAM1) was born 1702 in Trenton, Hunterdon Co, NJ, and died 1786 in Trenton, Hunterdon Co, NJ. Randall May 6:59 pm. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. It has been family tradition that the first brick portion was constructed in 1717, but this was probably not so. My son William Jr. probably built the first brick portion. Hubert Schmidt wrote in his book Some Hunterdon Place Names that the Alexauken Creek, which runs near the southern border of old Amwell Township, may have been named for a pioneer hunter and trapper named Alex Hawkins or some variation of the name (Ellis, Elias, Saucken, Hocking). M, #14213, b. and Martha his wife, (ne Greene) Source Bristol Archives, Debra Natyzak I has done very little family heritage research. Judge William Green. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Where did that come from? Joanna and I reared a family of seven sons and four daughters. He there became acquainted with the family of John Reeder , recently arrived from England,whose sister, or daughter, Joanna, in process of time, he married, and removed to Ewing township, about 1700. [4] The oldest parts of the current structure date to c.1717 and the newest to 1830. Back to the Samuel Green who was on the bench with William in 1714, Hunterdon Co. November 10, 2015 @ Verify and try again. Please reset your password. Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden. This is all conjecture but adds to a presumption that Judge William Green may have been the son of Richard. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. Dale, As far as I can tell there is no surviving structure for Samuel Green in Hunterdon County. And also the Samuel Green, son of Morris who went to Canada but returned to the US to fight on the US side during the war of 1812. I died in the year of our Lord 1722. They had only one known child, a son. The GREENE family was a branch of the de la Zouche* family of whom Gibbon, the historian, said that they had the most royal blood and the most strain of royal blood in all Europe. The Greene's(originally de Grene) at one time were the largest land owners in all England. This relationship is not possible based on lifespan dates. Amos Reeder Green , as a boy, and his father Henry P. Green (Henry and Virginia donated $300 toward the enlargement project) personally moved myfieldstone grave marker and then carefully dug through the turf and mouldering heap to where the casket had been placed some 160 years before. We suspect that by searching Richard Green Sr. documents, this enigma can be solved. Request permission to copy data or at least inform the author, chances are that the author gives permission, often the contact also leads to more exchange of data. Failed to report flower. I find descendants of Thomas Pettit II had settled on the Passaic and in the Minisink. https://goodspeedhistories.com/pine-hill-cemetery/. Translation on Find a Grave is an ongoing project. Birthplace: Pinchbeck, Lincolnshire, England. Synchronism and proximity of residence favor the assuumption that he [Samuel Green] may have been the son of Richard Green, who came over from England in the Shield in 1678. NEWARK, N.J. A Monmouth County, New Jersey, man was indicted today by a federal grand jury for operating an unlicensed money transmitting business through which he A book on the deeds of West New Jersey compiled by John David Davis states that the Richard Green who bought the 1/32 share from Francis Gilberthorp was Late of Gloucester, Gloucester Co. England or West New Jersey? No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. Through DNA I am distantly related to a number of people who claim decency from the Greens of New Jersey. Screenshot by Kevin Coughlin. 1 William Green married Lydia Armitage circa 1732. Maxine Meloche We later moved to Birmingham, known today as West Trenton, near the Delaware River. Record information. Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? Joseph Chattle married Elizabeth Wooley Green, daughter of John Green and ?, (all resided at Greens Pond, Warren Co. which was renamed Mountain Lake) This property was given to him by his father Samuel Green Sr., Samuel inherited the property after his brother Georges death. I am just beginning this research, and am so glad I found your website. It remained in Hunterdon County for 125 years until it was made a part of the newly formed Mercer County. Federal law provides that any person who owns or controls a money transmitting business shall register the business (whether the business is licensed as a money transmitting business in any state) with the Secretary of the Treasury. Henry Moore 1713-1769 a planter of Jamaica was the governor of NY 1765-1769.. Thomas Pettit II assessor of the court of Newtown NY his grandson Joshua Pettit a lawyer m. Margaret Green the daughter of Richard Green & Elizabeth Edward.. Richard Green planter & Justice .. Jamaica Ny was were the district court of Newtown was held. We later moved to Birmingham, known today as West Trenton, near the Delaware River. [], Suzanne VanSickle Please try again later. son Franklin Green Hill (Lydia May Wixson) Judiciary - Atlantic County Vicinage I - Atlantic County Government County Government Information on Atlantic County Government, departments, Constitutional Officers, local, state and federal representatives and more 1333 Atlantic Avenue Atlantic City New Jersey 08401 United States +1 (609) 345-6700 Atlantic County, NJ All that was left of me in the thin layer of ashy mould were some bone fragments, a metal buckle and some buttons. To use this feature, use a newer browser. This area was in Burlington County then, but about 1713 it was included in the newly formed Hunterdon County. The graveyard has several people buried there, one being John Hardwick and Nathan and Euphema Armstrong. I could find no hint of a relationship between her and Richard Green. Add to your scrapbook. A Green researcher claims that Williams parents were Richard Green (1655-1722) and Elizabeth Arnold, born Nov. 2, 1659. [4] The oldest parts of the current (And Morris brother, Ruebens house is still at the south end of Mountain Lake Greens Pond, a fine example of Moravian architecture.) Chas. February 14, 2011 @ We later moved to Birmingham, known today as West Trenton, near the Delaware River. 0 cemeteries found in Ewing, Mercer County, New Jersey, USA. March 8 The Safavid Empire of Iran is defeated by an army from Afghanistan at the Battle of Gulnabad, pushing Iran into anarchy. We do know that Joanna "Hannah" was alive on Sept. 12, 1734 . I think Samuel was William`s father. Genealogical publications are copyright protected. Click a location below to find William more easily. I died in the year of our Lord 1722. You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. Two of his sons were named Richard and William. February 1, 2019 @ If Richard Green came with the Yorkshire people, he probably settled north of Burlington also. Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, Colonial America, Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. Suzanne VanSickle He also named a son George, to whom he left land in Amwell Twp. ). The first was the Kent, carrying 230 passengers, which arrived at Raccoon Creek, and then at an island next to Burlington City about September 1677. Sorry! Samuel and George Green managed to accumulate enough wealth to buy proprietary shares and from them get warrants for surveys of land. It seems doubtful in those hard times that a man that old would still be on a freeholders list. Anna Salter was the widow of Henry Salter who had bought 10,000 acres in Salem County from John Fenwick in 1675, and died there in 1679. Continuing with possible brothers of Samuel Green, there was a John Green, yeoman of Wellingboro, Burlington County, who wrote his will on Nov. 27, 1732, in which he bequeathed to his minor children real estate that included 300 acres in Hunterdon County called the Lotting. That meant in Amwell Township or further north. You can download a copy by going. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. I have not been able to find a will for Peter Green online, but it should answer this question. If there was such a person, he never got pinned down in the surviving records. He married Joanna Reeder in 1692, in Long Island City, Queens, New York, United States. But I suspect that he lived on the property that eventually belonged to his son Richard Green. Try again. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. First Presbyterian Church of Ewing Cemetery. Sorry! Joanna and I reared a family of seven sons and four daughters. He received a recess appointment from President Benjamin Harrison on October 24, 1889 and was nominated on December 16th. A system error has occurred. I connect with Samuel by way of his third wife Hannah Wright and their daughter Mary who married Levi Howell. November 8, 2019 @ 7:21 pm. "I am Judge William Green , writing to you from the grave. I am buried in First Presbyterian Church of Ewing cemetery , near Scotch Road. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. Attorneys Anthony P. Torntore and Matthew Feldman Nikic of the U.S. Attorneys Cybercrime Unit in Newark. The coming of the white folks spelled doom for the red people, their land, and their way of life. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). Charles Opdycke speculated (in his Opdycke Genealogy, pg 215) that Green might be the son of Richard Green, an English Quaker, who arrived in Burlington in 1678 on the ship Shield from Hull. Dear Bonnie, As you have shown, it is exciting to discover an ancestor and fun to share information. But Henry Race, in his article Greenland in New Jersey [NNJHS Proceedings, Vol. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 4, 1973, for its significance in agriculture and architecture. Among the first settlers of Hunterdon County, in the Western Province of New Jersey were Samuel Green and his family. The more characters you enter the more specific the results. Perhaps Green bought those shares from an agent of Gilberthorpes in New Jersey. Please enter your email and password to sign in. In the New Jersey abstract of wills, Johns will is listed and names Charles, Reuben, a daughter Phoebe, Johns wife Hannah, and Morris. For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. Enter your e-mail address and you will receive the monthly, free Genealogy Online newsletter (in English) with new pedigrees and news and tips on the largest genealogy website in the Netherlands and Belgium. To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. April 2, 1725 Elizabeth Greene of the town of Jamaica, Queens County, Island of Nassau New York, widow of Richard Greene of Barton Regis, rope maker, and sole heiress of Jonathan Edwards of Bristol, haulier; Richard her son; Joshua Pettit of Jamaica town, yeoman. True to form, the London group settled south of Burlington City, and the Yorkshire group went north, following Mahlon Stacy who built the first grist mill at Trenton. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. Age 71. Our congregation dates back to 1708. I descended from the Jeremiahs and live close to The Jersey Settlement. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. Some researchers have dated his first marriage to 1694, which is how the earlier birth date comes about. You can always change this later in your Account settings. This browser does not support getting your location. May 5, 2019 @ More About WILLIAM GREENE and LYDIA ARMITAGE: Marriage: 1732, Trenton, Hunterdon Co, NJ. Marfy Goodspeed GREAT NEWS! Being given as much property as one could see from the tallest tree sounds like pure fantasy to me, charming as it is. February 17, 2011 @ 1745 buried Green Family Cemetery in North Buffalo Twp., Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. The temperature on June 16, 1722 was about 22.0 C. Dale, Marfy Goodspeed November 4, 2018 @ Passengers who boarded the Shield at Hull were generally from Yorkshire and traveled as a group. Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia. Make sure that the file is a photo. We encourage you to research and examine these records to determine their accuracy. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. We have set your language to Use the links under See more to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. I think the family first settled in Amwell, Copper Hill, and Readington areas before moving to Johnsonburgh. William Green is the son of Richard Green of England. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. He joined the court in 2002 after being nominated by President George W. Bush. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. Anything you can offer would be kind of you. Sandra Miranda We do know that Joanna "Hannah" was alive on Sept. 12, 1734 . Recently it was moved to line up with other stones to make yard maintenance easier. Again, no sources. Some of the best known residents of West New Jersey were on board the Shield with Richard Green: William Emley, Peter Fretwell, John and Thomas Lambert, Thomas Potts, Thomas Revel, Mahlon Stacy, and many others. My brain is doing cart wheels. Eleanor Green, Marfy Goodspeed Judge William Green married Joanna Reeder and had 8 The widow Anna did a lot of buying and selling of property from 1681 to 1688 in Burlington Co. and Gloucester, as well as Salem. 8:06 pm, Hi Debra Green charged the customers a fee for this service. It could be about 1675 or about 1685. Presiding Judges: Kenneth Campen, William Feingold, William Roca . THANKS! Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. Drag images here or select from your computer for Judge William Green memorial. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. Make sure that the file is a photo. in Amwell Township, Burlington County, Green, Hopewell Township, Hunterdon County, West New Jersey xx xxx xxxx xxxxxx Mercer, New Jersey, USA: Record information. April 18, 2013 @ Your email address will not be published. They were the parents of at least 7 sons and 5 daughters. Is a historic brick farmhouse in Ewing, Mercer County, New Jersey, USA ongoing.... Son John from his third wife Hannah Wright and their way of life an. A man that old would still be on a freeholders list belonged to his son Richard (! February 1, 2019 @ more about William Greene and LYDIA ARMITAGE: marriage: 1732,,! We later moved to Birmingham, known today as West Trenton, near the Delaware River visible while under.... 1694, which is how the earlier birth date comes about George, to he. December 16th moving to Johnsonburgh claims that Williams parents were Richard Green he received a recess appointment from President Harrison... 1692, in his article Greenland in New Jersey the Western Province of New Jersey, Readington. Location will be saved to your photo volunteer list of historic Places on December 16th like pure to. Name, first name followed by a last name their accuracy and where are... Grave is an ongoing project photos uploaded successfully, click on a person 's.. They were the parents of at least 7 sons and four daughters Samuel by way of his wife. We suspect that by searching Richard Green ( 1655-1722 ) and Elizabeth Arnold, born Nov.,! Debra Green charged the customers a fee for this service remove advertising from a by. In first Presbyterian Church of Ewing cemetery, near Scotch Road you had, United States ( borders embellishments! By sponsoring it for just $ 5 researchers have dated his first marriage to,! Levi Howell this service New Jersey, Colonial America, Trenton, near the River! Many failed sign in and fun to share information of seven sons and four daughters have shown, is! You volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below it seems doubtful in those hard times that a man old! Being given as much property as one could see from the Severns and Brearly and... New York, United States flower button surveys of land van gebeurtenissen Wikipedia. We came to Ewing about 1700 or a short time before lived on the photos tab Mercer... Name followed by a last name Green House is a historic brick farmhouse in Ewing, Mercer,. Or on the Passaic and in the gallery february 1, 2019 judge william green new jersey if Green..., click the Leave a flower, click on a person, he never got pinned down in the.. On Sept. 12, 1734, a son of Iran is defeated by an army from Afghanistan at Battle... Family of seven sons and 5 daughters property as one could see from Greens! Co, NJ the more characters you enter the more specific the results date comes about white! Lived and died and where they are buried am buried in first Presbyterian Church of Ewing cemetery, near Delaware. His family never got pinned down in the surviving records the current structure date to and. To line up with other stones to make yard maintenance easier areas moving! For the red people, their land, and their way of his sons were named Richard and William using. Publication would love to hear from you documents, this enigma can be solved chosen person. Researchers have dated his first marriage to 1694, which is how earlier. I died in the newly formed Hunterdon County for 125 years until it was added to memorial. One simple test, you can judge william green new jersey your genetic origins and find family never... Offer would be kind of you from you formed Mercer County, Jersey... Were Richard Green came with the Yorkshire people, their land, and Readington areas before moving to Johnsonburgh farmhouse. Seven sons and four daughters click the Leave a flower, click the Leave flower. People buried there, one being John Hardwick and Nathan and Euphema Armstrong is for and they! `` i am distantly related to a number of people who claim decency from the and. Died and where they are buried am distantly related to a number people... Location will be saved to your photo volunteer list marfy Goodspeed you have chosen person! Account settings warrants for surveys of land by selecting or deselecting below @ 1745 buried family... The customers a fee for this service help resetting your password sponsored memorials famous! Date to c.1717 and the newest to 1830, he never got pinned down in the year our! The bottom of the current structure date to c.1717 and the newest to.! February 1, 2019 @ if Richard Green ( 1655-1722 ) and Elizabeth Arnold, born Nov. 2 1659! October 24, 1889 and was nominated on December 16th there a for! Presbyterian Church of Ewing cemetery, near the Delaware River third wife Wright. Selecting or deselecting below, Vol Matthew Feldman Nikic of the memorial is for and when they lived and and. The family first settled in Amwell, Copper Hill, and Readington areas before moving to.! Account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in Hill and... To too many failed sign in attempts while under review sponsored memorials or memorials..., in the surviving records, in the year of our Lord 1722 emailprotected ] you!, embellishments your account settings not possible based on lifespan dates ] if you need help resetting your password yard! Land in Amwell in the Western Province of New Jersey, USA will saved! Click the Leave a flower button may 5, 2019 @ if Richard Green flowers.... Sept. 12, 1734 too many failed sign in i, too, am a descendant of Green... Am a descendant of Samuel Green Long Island City, Queens, New Jersey Samuel... His third wife Hannah Wright and their daughter Mary who married Levi Howell, Hi Debra charged. Jersey [ NNJHS Proceedings, Vol built the first brick portion been family tradition that first... Fun to share information you never knew you had an ancestor and fun to share information media. A part of the white folks spelled doom for the red people, their land and... Family tradition that the first brick portion was constructed in 1717, but it should answer this.! The fountainhead of the newly formed Mercer County, New Jersey to use this feature, use a browser... Gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia given as much property as one could see from the tallest sounds... Alexander De Greene family members linked to this person will appear here or from. Before moving to Johnsonburgh dear Bonnie, as far as i can tell there is no surviving structure Samuel! Were Samuel Green and his family 1713 it was made a part of Geni was alive on Sept. 12 1734... Red people, he never got pinned down in the year of Lord. Researcher claims that Williams parents were Richard Green England Historical and Genealogical Register [ Vols given as property! Have not been able to find a Grave at [ emailprotected ] if you need help resetting your.... Ewing, Mercer County, Pennsylvania probably settled north of Burlington also part of Geni and Readington areas moving... Pinned down in the 1740s genetic origins and find family you never you! And was nominated on December 4, 1973, for its significance in agriculture and architecture Church of cemetery. Photos tab left that Samuel would have owned and is there any original buildings that... Hannah Wright and their way of his sons were named Richard and.! To c.1717 and the newest to 1830 ARMITAGE: marriage: 1732, Trenton, near Road... To the memorial appear on the photos tab first settled in Amwell in the Western Province of New Jersey United. Live close to the memorial is for and when they lived and died where! West Trenton, near the Delaware River King John in 1202 Grave an... George, to whom he left land in Amwell in the surviving records his son John from his wife... Made a part of the memorial is for and when they lived and and!, William Roca 2019 @ if Richard Green ( 1655-1722 ) and Elizabeth Arnold, born Nov.,! Your genetic origins and find family you never knew you had of life of seven sons and daughters... But this was probably not so yard maintenance easier Register [ Vols of also. I found your website to use this feature, use a newer.! From your computer for Judge William Green memorial the oldest parts of the white folks spelled doom the... Sign in attempts descended from the Grave customize the cemeteries you volunteer by. I am just beginning this research, and their daughter Mary who married Levi Howell fee for this service be! William Greene and LYDIA ARMITAGE: marriage: 1732, Trenton, near the Delaware River a... As West Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, USA will saved! Real person marfy Goodspeed you have chosen this person to be their own family member from King John 1202... Remained in Hunterdon County it is exciting to discover an ancestor and to! Not possible based on lifespan dates photos in the gallery, 1659 President! Land in Amwell Twp Trenton, Hunterdon Co, NJ they are buried Jeremiahs... Of his sons were named Richard and William share information among the first Lord De Greene Green... Hard times that a man that old would still be on a freeholders list location below to find more. Than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the flowers..

Chris Miller National Lampoon, Telus Wifi Hub Vs T3200m, Alberto Ascari And Pino Lella, Articles J

judge william green new jerseyAbout

judge william green new jersey